Returnable Asset Advantages
For supply chains that reuse or could reuse pallets, the longevity of the BLOCKPal pallets provides significant savings over traditional wood or plastic pallets. Operational efficiencies to be gained include more trips per pallet; better safety with less product damage, downtime and repairs due to splintering wood; reduced greenhouse gas emissions through BLOCKPal’s lower weight; better tracking for minimizing pallet loss; and more pallets per truck for returns. To demonstrate such economic gains within a supply chain, we will prepare extensive ROI analysis comparing BLOCKPal to the assets currently in use within your operation.
Upstream Defined-Loop Supply Chain Advantages
Manufacturers and other in-bound pallet receivers can often mandate a single shipping platform system. These can often create defined loop systems and demand the benefits of consistency, quality, cost and sustainability that BLOCKPal can bring.
The RM2 Assessment
There are many variables to consider in order to create a defined loop system that can provide economic, handling and sustainability advantages for your supply chain. The first step is an RM2 system analysis . The process includes mapping the supply chain flow of pallets. If a defined loop system is viable, we will review customer your data to ensure the optimum cost benefit approach for your operation. RM2 offers a 30-day trial period to demonstrate the close-loop dynamics that the BLOCKPal composite pallets, in conjunction with the ERICA tracking system, can bring to asupply chain.
For more information, click here.
RM2 BLOCKPAL Advantages
- Cost Efficiencies – BLOCKPal’s many attributes create a very efficient long, trouble-free life that’s attractive for any supply chain.
- No Limitations – The BLOCKPal pallet is suited for all mainstream handling systems and environments regardless of temperature, moisture or contaminants. Its non-porous surface makes it certified for food, pharmaceuticals and beverages. Its four-way block design won’t cave, bend or splinter, protecting employees from injury and products from damage.
- Long Life Cycle — BLOCKPal durability and reuse eliminates many of the costs that businesses currently suffer in relation to wooden pallet replacement, recycling and repairs.
- Fewer Goods Damage — BLOCKPal superior handling characteristics, damage resistance, rigidity and material can significantly reduce the expense of product damage, product contamination and returns of palletized products to the supplier.
- Logistics Cost Efficiencies – BLOCKPal’s composite material provides a superior strength-to-weight ratio (than typical heavy duty wooden pallet) enabling fuel cost savings, reduced emissions and reduced maintenance, refurbishment or replacement incurred by less durable pallets.
- Less Capital Intensive – RM2 facilitates a just-in-time model to deliver pallets ordered through the ERICA tracking system. Suppliers have reduced responsibility and costs associated with maintaining or sourcing a pallet stock of sufficient size to meet peak demand.
- Less Damage — BLOCKPal’s high impact resistance and robust design reduces the incidence of product damage and returns.
- Reduced Space Requirements — For significant savings for suppliers and logistics partners, RM2’s service offering frees up warehousing space that might be better utilized.
- Better Retrieval and Pool Control — RM2 requires BLOCKPal users to adopt its straightforward pallet ordering and billing system through ERICA. This takes further costs away from suppliers and logistics providers.
- Improved Labor Environment – Improvements to health and safety, hygiene handling environment for staff.
- Environmental Benefits – BLOCKPal’s lower weight means less fuel needed for transportation with fewer greenhouse gasses emitted. Its extra durability means far more trips per pallet with fewer replacement pallets needed, and fewer pallets destined for landfills. And with the ERICA tracking system, pallet loss is minimized further reducing user costs and greenhouse gas impact.