Oct. 5, 2016. As the global community develops the new Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) to achieve by 2030 at the United Nations Conference two weeks ago, RM2 participated in the conference and implemented a project to support the Global Compact. Through the use of the BLOCKPal™ composite pallet, RM2 provides an innovative, reusable and more durable alternative to wooden pallets, while helping its partners achieve crucial organization-wide sustainability goals. View RM2’s UN Private Sector project on the United Nation website.
“RM2 is pleased to support the discussion around Sustainable Development Goals and continue to provide the supply chain with sustainable pallet options,” said Matt Gilfillan CEO of the Americas. The following is a comprehensive approach on how RM2 will promote sustainability:
• Reducing RM2 manufacturing GHG emissions intensity 20% by 2025, compared with its 2015 baseline.
• Reducing pallet-related CO2 emissions by 21% when customers switch from a conventional pallet to the RM2 BLOCKPal.
• Through projected customer usage, the RM2 BLOCKPal will help in the reduction of 1.9 million tons of CO2 by 2025 and 4.4 million tons by 2030.
• RM2 will continue to explore investment in technologies, products and processes that promote sustainability. It will continue to develop tracking and logistics software that provides real time intelligence to monitor and optimize the efficient movement of any transit equipment.
• RM2 will continue its strategy to reduce the impact of manufacturing and operations in the areas of water, waste and CO2 emissions. RM2’s strategy includes:
1) The continued reduction of impact in fabrication and assembly operations
2) Further adoption of new technologies with reduced environmental impact 3) Seeking suppliers with similar eco-efficient strategies
4) Publishing annual RM2 CSR and Sustainability reports, starting in 2016.
RM2 International S.A.
Lauren Sanders 862 308 3474
Note to Editors
RM2 International S.A. specialises in pallet development, manufacture, supply and management to establish a leading presence in global pallet supply and improve the supply chain of manufacturing and distribution businesses through the effective and efficient use and management of composite pallets. For further information, please visit www.rm2.com or visit RM2 at Pack Expo International in Chicago, Nov. 6 – 9 in booth 6785.
The Global Compact is a movement of responsible companies and stakeholders to create a sustainable future in line with the United Nations principles.